Terms & Conditions
- Visit the Website Privacy Cookies Statements section of this website.
This website is owned by ASCERT.
ASCERT (Action on Substances Through Community Education & Related Training), is registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland: NIC101239 and is a company limited by guarantee, registered in Northern Ireland: NI058832 Registered Office: 23 Bridge Street, Lisburn, BT28 1XZLisburn, BT28 1XZ
General Terms & Conditions of Website Usage
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Accuracy of Information Contained on This Website
The content on this website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You should always obtain medical or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on this website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on this website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which ASCERT will not be liable.
Links from This Website to Third-Party Websites
When ASCERT links to another parties website this is usually done via one of two means:
- To supplement content on a website page: This is where a link is provided to supplement content on a particular page of general content on the ASCERT website (e.g. to link to the source of some information quoted). We will always endeavour to do all we can to check and confirm the validity/accuracy of any third-party information we link to in this manner. It may not always be possible for ASCERT to seek advance consent from the third-party website owner to link to such content. Linking to such content does not represent an endorsement by or confirmation of the accuracy/validity of the information by ASCERT, we merely provide such links to enrich the nature of the content provided on our website.
- To provide information on additional sources of support: Within the Resources section of this website we provide links to other locally operating agencies and organisations who may be able to provide additional information, advice and support to anyone visiting our website. ASCERT will always seek the content of the third-party website owner to link to their website in this manner. Linking does not represent an endorsement by ASCERT of that agency/organisation and its practices, we merely provide such links as suggestions to our website visitors on other sources of support they may wish to consider.
Links to This Website from Third-Party Websites
We cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other websites who choose to link on their websites to the ASCERT website. Where possible, we ask any third-party website intending to link to this website to make contact to inform us and request consent to do so before providing such a link. ASCERT understands that this may not always be feasible or possible. However with particular reference to promoting ASCERT on your third-party website as a source of help and support for others, we strongly advise to make contact with us prior to providing such a linkage to ensure we offer services of the type you are purporting that we do, to ensure anyone in need of help is not ‘mislead’ by the way in which you represent information on ASCERT.
If you are an owner of a third-party website who wants to place on your site a link to the ASCERT website and wish to do so, you can request such permission from ASCERT’s Marketing & Communications Coordinator. You will find details for how to make contact with that individual if you visit the Media Centre section of this website.
If you are aware of the ASCERT website being linked to from another website in such a way that may misrepresent ASCERT or mislead the public, please contact ASCERT’s Marketing & Communications Coordinator. You will find details for how to make contact with that individual if you visit the Media Centre section of this website.
Availability of this Website
Although we aim to make this website continually available, ASCERT makes no promise that this site will meet all your requirements. ASCERT cannot guarantee that the availability of this website will be fault free. If a fault occurs when you are using this website you should report it to ASCERT using ant of the means shown in the Contact Us section of this website.
Your access to this website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. Should such an occasion arise, ASCERT will attempt to restore the service as soon as it reasonably can.
Registered Member Accounts
ASCERT reserves the right to suspend and or cancel your membership account at any time if it believes you are acting in a manner which is contrary to any of our terms and conditions associated to both website usage and accessibility to training services.
If your account is suspended or cancelled and you wish to query this decision, you should make contact with ASCERT’s Training Department, visit the Contact Us section (hyperlinked) of this website for ways to get in touch. Alternatively you can email them directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Passwords and Security
When you register for an account as a member on this website you will be asked to create a user name and password. You must keep both your username and password confidential and must not disclose it or share them with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your user name and/or password you should notify ASCERT’s Training Department visit the Contact Us section of this website for ways to get in touch. Alternatively, you can email them directly at: email@example.com
All original content on the ASCERT website is and at all times remains in the copyright of ASCERT. You may retrieve and display the content of the website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk, or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices.
You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for educational or commercial purposes any of the materials or content on this website without express permission from ASCERT to do so.
Should you wish to request permission to utilise for any of this website’s content for educational/commercial purposes and/or to link to any content on the ASCERT website, in the first instance you should contact ASCERT’s Marketing & Communications Coordinator. Visit the Media Centre section section of this website for ways to get in touch with that individual.
Where we utilise and/or link to data that is copyrighted to a third-party (e.g. a photograph, factsheet etc.), we endeavour to only do so with the express consent or the copyright ‘owner’ or through a licensing arrangement provided by the copyright ‘owner’ or a legitimate third-party provider of such ‘data’.
If you are aware that we have unintentionally breached this arrangement by using data copyrighted to you on our website without the proper consent/licence, please contact ASCERT’s Marketing & Communications Coordinator in the first instance. Visit the Media Centre section of this website for ways to get in touch with that individual.