Our Strategic Plan
ASCERT’s values acted as the foundation on which 3 key strategic themes were identified. These in turn influenced the considered definition of 5 strategic outcome targets which will help shape ASCERT’s operational intent over this delivery period in the furtherance of our mission.
OUR THREE Strategic Themes
Evidence based and outcomes focused
· We are guided by evidence of what works.
· We evaluate our own work and use it to improve our work and inform others.
· We define our success by the difference we have made, as well as how much we have done.
Service users are at the centre
· We engage service users to inform the design, delivery and evaluation of our work.
· Our main concern is to delivering the best experience and outcome for the service user.
· Our services are person centred and adaptive to meet each service user’s needs.
A holistic approach to addressing alcohol and drugs
· We view substance use in the context of the whole person, the family and community.
· We work collaboratively with others and utilise resources in the community to meet service user needs.
· We work to address other social factors that can help impact alcohol and drug issues.
OUR 5 Strategic Outcomes
1. Influence policy, practice and the public.
2. Build capacity and skills to address alcohol, drugs and other related issues.
3. Reduce the harm from alcohol or drug use through prevention, early intervention and treatment.
4. Help people sustain change and support their recovery.
5. Optimise the resources available to the organisation to deliver high quality and effective services.