Supporting Family Members
This course will provide an understanding of how alcohol or substance use affects families and how young people and adults impacted by these issues in can be supported.
There are no dates currently available for this course. Please check back later.
You must be logged in to enroll.
Outcomes: By the end of this course participants will;
- Have a more in depth understanding of the effects of drugs and alcohol and their impact on the physical and mental health of the user and family functioning
- Have an understanding of the main theories of addiction and guidelines for appropriate interventions
- Have an understanding of the principles of behaviour change methodology applied to substance misuse issues and explore how to incorporate such practice into one’s work
- Know how to respond to child protection issues arising as a result of parental substance misuse
- Be aware of services and know how to refer individuals and families for specialist help where appropriate
What’s included in this course:
PDF Certificate on Completion