Understanding First Aid for Mental Health Award- Level 2
Duration: 1 Full Day
The understanding of first aid for mental health is for everyone who wants to learn
about the benefits of mental health first aid and about common mental health conditions
and the available support.
Eligibility: This course is suitable for staff, volunteers and members of the public who want to have more knowledge and awareness of the importance of Mental Health First Aid. It is appropriate for the statutory, community, voluntary and business sectors.
You must be logged in to enroll.
The learning outcomes for this course are as follows:
- Understand the role of the First Aider in Mental Health
- Know how to provide practical support in Mental Health
- Understand a range of the most common Mental Health conditions
- Know the recognition signs of stress and how to manage it
- Understand how substance abuse can impact on Mental Health
- Understand how to put an action plan for Mental Health in place within the work place
- Know how to implement a positive culture for Mental Health in the work place
Understanding First Aid for Mental Health award - is a great induction to mental health first aid for everyone who wants to learn the benefits of mental health first aid, common mental health problems and available support. RQF level 2
What’s included in this course:
SAFECERT Certificate- RQF Recognised