Our Parent/Carer Support Programme is open again for registration. It will commence on 28th October at 7-8:30pm. It will take place every Tuesday for 6 weeks via Zoom.
The programme is aimed at parents /carers of young people aged 11 – 15yrs and is FREE to join.
This programme aims to empower parents of 11 to 15 year olds with the knowledge and skills needed to support their young people to make healthier lifestyle choices. It will cover:
- Current trends and statistics in relation to alcohol and other drug use in young people.
- The adolescent brain development and developing an understanding of risk-taking behaviours in young people.
- What factors put young people at risk and what factors protect them from alcohol/drug use.
- Exploring what parents can do to prevent or delay their young people from drinking alcohol and using drugs.
- Offering practical strategies for increasing connection and strengthening their relationships with their children.
- Outlining the importance of setting clear rules and expectations around their children’s alcohol and other drug use.
- Support for parents to create a parent-child connection/communication skills to last through the teenage years.
- Information on how and where to get further information, advice and support as required. Links and further reading for ongoing support will be accessible.
The videos below provide information about the programme.
ASCERT is a registered charity and one of the leading and best known providers of drug and alcohol support services in Northern Ireland, with over 21 years of experience delivering services
ASCERT aims to address the impact of alcohol and drug misuse, reduce harm and support positive and sustainable change for young people, individuals, families and communities.