Information based sessions aimed at those with no or little knowledge about drugs and alcohol.
What Will You Learn?
- After completing this course participants will be;
- More aware of the prevalence of drug use in Northern Ireland
- Able to define what a drug is and the categories of drugs
- Able to name drugs most commonly used, their effects and methods of use
- Able to identify the legal classes of drugs and penalties
- More aware of the different levels of harm for the user / their family, associated with different patterns of drug /alcohol use
- Aware of the links between drug/alcohol use and other issues, e.g. mental health; homelessness; child protection; community safety; sexual health
- Have considered their own attitudes and values to drug use and drug users
- Aware of local drug and alcohol services and how to refer to them.