By the end of this course participants will;
- Have an understanding of the history of cannabis use for medical, ceremonial and recreational purposes.
- Understand the harms of cannabis in relation to alcohol and other illegal drugs.
- Be familiar with the science of the cannabis plant and the complexity that brings to researching its medical uses.
- Understand the main issues in relation to the recreational use of cannabis by adults and young people and how this contrasts with the medical use of cannabis.
- Gain a basic understanding of the medical use of cannabis in the UK and other countries.
- Be aware of the current NICE guidelines in relation to the medical use of cannabis in the UK.
- Understand how to access a range of support services for adults and young people in relation to the misuse of cannabis.