Young People, Substance Misuse & Mental Health
Explores how co-existing substance misuse and mental health issues affect young people and those around them. Provides information on the main disorders that affect young people, the models of practice for treating mental health issues, and available services.
There are no dates currently available for this course. Please check back later.
You must be logged in to enroll.
By the end of this course participants will;
- Have an understanding of the legal, organisational and policy requirements relevant to their role and the activities being carried out.
- Understand the nature, extent and boundaries of their work role and its relationship to others in their own and other organisations.
- Understand the roles of other practitioners working with children, young people and families and how they relate between and across agencies.
- Have an understanding of the symptoms and diagnostic criteria of relevant mental health conditions:
- Have a basic understanding of the theoretical basis of models of treatment
- Understand the stepped care model of treatment provision.
- Be familiar with the referral and consultation processes within CAMHS/DAMHS.
What’s included in this course:
PDF Certificate on Completion