Substance Misuse Awareness
Information based session aimed at those with no or little knowledge about drugs and alcohol.
15 in stock
You must be logged in to enroll.
After completing this course participants will be;
- After completing this course participants will be;
- More aware of the prevalence of drug use in Northern Ireland
- Able to define what a drug is and the categories of drugs
- Able to name drugs most commonly used, their effects and methods of use
- Able to identify the legal classes of drugs and penalties
- More aware of the different levels of harm for the user / their family, associated with different patterns of drug /alcohol use
- Aware of the links between drug/alcohol use and other issues, e.g. mental health; homelessness; child protection; community safety; sexual health
- Have considered their own attitudes and values to drug use and drug users
- Aware of local drug and alcohol services and how to refer to them.
What’s included in this course:
PDF Certificate on Completion