Foundation Module: Adults and Family Members
Provides a broad understanding of substance misuse and how it affects adults and family members, including the theory of addiction, and evidence-based intervention. Also looks at policy and practice, tools and techniques, harm reduction and supports.
You must be logged in to enroll.
By the end of this course participants will;
- Have a more in depth understanding of the effects of drugs and alcohol and their impact on the physical and mental health of the user and family functioning
- Have an understanding of the main theories of addiction and guidelines for appropriate interventions
- Have an understanding of the principles of behaviour change methodology applied to substance misuse issues and explore how to incorporate such practice into one’s work
- Know how to respond to child protection issues arising as a result of parental substance misuse
- Be aware of services and know how to refer individuals and families for specialist help where appropriate
What’s included in this course:
PDF Certificate on Completion