Level 3 Certificate in Tackling Substance Misuse
Provides a professional qualification in Drugs and Alcohol for those whose work requires a considerable level of knowledge and competence in addressing substance misuse issues.
You must be logged in to enroll.
By the end of this course participants will;
- Have an understanding of their own role, and the roles of other professionals (including multi-agency working), in working with children, young people and families, from a legal, organisational and policy perspective
- Be familiar with the local systems, procedures and protocols for safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults including the Regional Joint Service Agreement – Hidden Harm
- Understand the potential effects of parental substance misuse on children on young people and on their development and the factors that contribute to the risk of harm to children and young people
- Understand the potential effects on children and young people of a parent receiving treatment for substance misuse
- Understand the effect of parenting capacity, family, environment and cultural influences on the health and wellbeing of children and young people.
- Be able to offer support to the child or young person in a manner which respects their individual rights and choice, is appropriate to their needs and is realistic within the limits of the resources available
- Be familiar with the guidance that is available for their own practice and where to access this
- Understand the importance of record keeping, reporting and confidentiality
- Understand how to access non specialist and specialist services for children or young people affected by parental substance use
What’s included in this course:
PDF Certificate on Completion