This course is aimed at those that already have a basic drugs knowledge who want to have a better understanding of how prescription and OTC medicines are misused, harm reduction and supports available.
What Will You Learn?
- Aware how prescription and OTC medicines are misused
- Aware of the medicines most commonly used, their effects and methods of use
- Aware of the prevalence of prescription and OTC medicine misuse in Northern Ireland
- Aware how prescription and OTC medicine misuse can lead to addiction
- Aware of risk of harm for the user associated with misuse
- Aware of key harm reduction advice
- Aware of local drug and alcohol services and how to refer to them