Provides a closer look at illicit drugs, their effects on users, their impact on health and other issues, appropriate responses and the supports available.
What Will You Learn?
- Be aware of the types of illicit drugs
- Be aware of the prevalence of drug use in Northern Ireland
- Understand the effects of drug misuse on users and families
- Be aware of the legal issues regarding drug use
- Understand evidence and guidance regarding addressing drug use
- Understand the links between drugs and other health and social issues
- Be aware of local drug and alcohol services and how to refer to them